Notts NHS App – Personal Health and Care Record
Access your Health and Care Record securely online
Forest Medical is pleased to offer our patients a new online service that gives you secure access to your Health and Care Record wherever you are and whenever you need it. It is designed to improve your patient experience and give you access to NHS services and information. It is a bit like online banking, but instead you can use it to manage your health.
All your data is stored securely.
This free service is provided in partnership with the NHS App and Patients Know Best (PKB). It is part of our promise and on-going commitment to give you more choice and control over your care.
Features you will be able to access in time as part of this service include:
● view GP letters and appointments
● see your GP Record, certain test results, details of any allergies and current or previous medications
● consultations virtually via a questionnaire, video, voice or secure messaging
● the ability to self-monitor, track symptoms and test results
● virtually access care plans to help manage your care safely at home
● a library of local information resources to help manage your condition(s)
● easily share your health data with family, carers or any health and care professionals anywhere if you choose. This can be important in emergencies.
● attach medical and fitness devices to pull information into your app without having to re-enter your information
Want to know more?
To find out more about your Notts NHS App – Personal Health and Care Record or to understand how your data is protected, click here to be redirected to the Notts NHS App website.
You may also like to read some Frequently Asked Questions.
Patients Know Best Privacy Notice
• Patients Know Best (PKB) is a system that provides you and the people supporting your care (if you choose to) with information about your health and care. It also means you can communicate securely with those involved in your care in any various NHS and social care settings. It is a personal health and care record which you can access on your computer, smartphone, tablet or any device that has an internet connection.
• In order to provide you with information about your care and support you by delivering the best possible service, the practice will share data with Patients Know Best in order for you to be able to access and view it. The data which is shared with Patients Know Best will be things like demographics (name, address, DoB and NHS number) as well as information such as medications and appointments, this allows you to view the key information about yourself and share (if you choose to) with others such as family, carers or other health professionals.
• The system operates for your benefit and is a patient-owned medical records and communication system, which enables you to allow others to discuss your health and treatment. This can include medical staff, friends, family and anyone with an email address involved in your health care, such as a social worker or carer. Your information will not be shared with people (i.e. family, carers) unless you have asked for it to be shared with them, and, will not be shared with health and care professionals involved in your care if you have chosen for it not to be.
• You can at any time change who has access to your records. This may have an impact on the services or care you receive, but the practice will be able to explain this in greater detail.
• Patients Know Best is covered by the Data Protection Act and operates within strict NHS security standards.